Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Klockan
  • Show
Clear All

• Bicolor bottle with "3 X dagligen" title

Hello!
    Please help me to determine the bottle? At what factory and in what country it was made?
    Best regards
    Bifogade filer
    Last edited by baschin; 2012-04-04, 10:34.

3 X dagligen means 3 times per day? May it was some mixture?
    There is a stamp on the bottom. Poor quality. Noticeable only that it Click image for larger version

Name:	2188021184_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45,6 KB
ID:	531854consists of five letters

Comment

Thanks for showing your Stoneware-bottle. The text does mean 3 times a day i swedish, but I dont think this is manufactured in Sweden. However it is clear it's meant for the swedish market.

I would suggest this is a gift or joke bottle. In the first case it would contain liquor, in the second just anything that is connected to aphrodisiac... It looks like it is manufactured from the 1970's onward.

Comment

Thank you for your explanation. It is very interesing.
        Such ceramic bottles were not produced in Sweden?
        About dating. This bottle was found in the vicinity of Vyborg (Russia) at the attic of an old house. In my opinion it is pre-war

Comment

Both the two glazes and the white clay is very uncommon in swedish production. Stoneware bottles are traditionally made of red or yellow clay and salt glazed. This type of brown glaze were made at Höganäs Keramik in the 60's and 70's, but nothing else reminds of their production. They are also usually well marked i the bottom.

If it is found in former Finland, as Vyborg is, there is a possibility that it is intended for the swedish-speaking inhabitants of Finland.

My thoughts go to British manufacturers, like Denby.
          Discover the wonderful history of the regions, including the people, life and work, arts and crafts and features that have shaped our lives as we know it today.
          Last edited by Peter S; 2012-04-04, 15:22.

Comment

Thank you very much, Peter!

Comment

Working...
            X